Friday, April 10, 2009

Games #2

Magic...

the root cause of Pink.

I was working at a Burgerking as a young teenager and my ride home wasnt reliable. I had much time to wander around 'old' hilliard. this is when I discoverd a Comic Shop tucked away on a back ally called SHOCC Comics.

it wasnt long before I had a 125 doller a month 'pull'(thats where they set aside comics for people before they hit the 'news stand').

well one day I came in to get my pull for the week and Dave had somthing 'new' he had just snagged from Cali...

M;tG beta. 3-4 guys were standing around the box. one of them would hand dave 2 bucks, open a pack and then the gys would divide the cards after a few more BIGGER money exchanges. I handed dave 2 bucks and a few seconds later 4 guys including the owner were in a bid war agenst each other for my black lotus. the winner got the card for 75 bucks and I was an asshole and broke ettiqute... I but the last half of the box he had open and the entire box he had unopend... I walked out with the unopend box of wax packs, my comics for the week, and was 100 bucks richer then I was when I walked in...

over the next few weeks id go over Dave's head to find my own sources of cards. he was one of the only dealers in ohio that carried them and WotC(the game comp that made them) was starting to pump out sets...

a few Tournys, events, cons, etc... later I was getting burned out. I missed playing for fun so...

3-4 months later I was playing in duels and group games at the Guard tower every friday night. the tower closed at 10 but we played till midnight, one of the perks of having a store owner as a peer.

one night he closed up shop early and about 12 of us were bummed. one of the guys perked up and said he knew a coffee shop called Insomnia we could play at...

we drove to campus, 13th and high... this place was Raw. Nothing I had ever seen. Slut collage girls, Bums, Gutter punks, Goths(OMG Im not the only one...), etc...

we played untill 7am that first night, and after that we only went to the guard tower to buy more cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment