Friday, January 31, 2014

Injeni

January 3rd 2014, I posted this on my Facebook:
"working on my writing and realized the English language has a flaw. A flaw I vow to fix before my daughter is old enough to date... my goal is lofty I know, but I will add at least one word to the English language. It will be as versatile as "beautiful", but will be for intellect not inner/outer beauty. This will not be the last time I touch this subject..."
Three days later I would come up with the word, its currently the working title of my first planned Fantasy novel.

Injeni...   in - jee - nee...    the rime and reason I choose these syllables and this spelling are silly, simple, and will prob be my little secret for a long time. lets just say, the ogre in me picked them out.

Since then I've used the word while online gaming, on my twitter feeds, and lovingly to my wife and daughter.  the reason I'm doing it at all.  the two women closest to me are my inspiration in this. both of them are brilliant, clever, and witty.  when it comes down to it I'm a hopeless romantic, and have always been fond of using pet names. With Karen though, to compliment her greatest asset, I found that the English language was lacking in words I could use as both a pet name, and a descriptor for her Wit, intellect, etc...  and as a feminist father, I was appalled at the idea that my daughter would live in a world where her beauty may supersede her brains due to a lack of appropriate words.
 so here I am...  trying to forge a new word.  if swag and yolo have been given the light of day.  there is no reason that an injeni word like injeni, cant.
 from my wifes Injeni point of view! http://www.walkingtheborderline.com/2014/01/in-a-world/
its first publishing.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Injeni&defid=7529815
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment