Friday, July 3, 2009

Music...

at one point it was easy to say that I am/was obsessed with Pink Floyd, or Music in General.

Music has always been able to move me to Tears, laughter, joy, etc...

PF was the embodiment of this.

No Matter my mood there was a song or in some cases an entire album that I could play to take me out of that mood or heighten it to epic proportions.

I can play a song by VNV nation and be reminded of an entire feeling... not just the sights and sounds but EVERYTHING about it. as if the past 9 years have never passed.

Music was a strong force in my life... but Ive lost it.

Ive lost the ability to be moved by music like I used to be. now my obession with PF is purely because I know I should be, more over I know I want to be... Obessed with something.

its not just music... everything in my life is losing its flavor... Ive been heart broken for over a year because I feel like ive lost a lover. but it isnt a woman... its music.

was it Karen braking my heart that did it? The Passing of my Grandma? Losing myself? any number of things that have happend in the past few years... for better and/or for worse... I dont know. maybe its apart of losing myself...

I miss enjoying the moving feelings I got from music, the taste of fine foods, the smell and feel of a thunder storm, the scent of a woman, I miss living... I miss Roger Waters Belting out lyrics about insanity and having it make me feel sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment